Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday Step by Step - Christmas Stripes

Hello Everyone, Pamellia here! So glad you dropped in to Frilly and Funkie today for my Saturday Step by Step. I have put together a complete tutorial on the Christmas card I made for Jenny's "All Lined Up" challenge. I really had fun playing with my wonderful new products from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!! I hope you enjoy!



I cut three panels from the Pion Design paper stacks Siri's Kitchen and A Day in May, sizes 6", 5.5" and 5" squared. I layered them onto slightly larger panels of white, distressed all the edges and layered them together with foam squares.


I cut a panel of corrugated cardboard about 5" x 3".


I cut a deer from striped Pion Design paper using the Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight die, and edged it with Potting Soil Archival ink from Ranger.



I chose a great image from the Tim Holtz Festive Ephemera pack and distressed it.


Some seam binding that I coloured with Distress ink spray Walnut stain and then tied in a bow.


I cut a doily with a Prima die and pulled out a couple of these fabulous wood chippies from Southern Trading Co.


I made this ruffled ribbon using May Arts ribbon. To see a full tutorial on how to create these wonderful ruffles, visit my Friday Focus on May Arts Ribbon here.


Time to layer a few things together to make sure the base design has a good balance.


Next I cut some leaves out of a striped page from the Tim Holtz Yuletide paper pad and edged them with Potting Soil.



I used some of this lovely baker's twine, a beautiful reindeer charm and some jingle bells to add a little extra festive cheer.


I added some Petaloo flowers and Wild Orchid flowers as well as some Tim Holtz Mirror Stars.


Some last minute touches with some Prima Gesso, Holiday Words die, a little clothes pin, Chit Chat stickers and a spritz of Picket Fence for good measure.



I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. There's still lots of time to enter our current challenge "ALL LINED UP". We'll be back first thing on Monday to announce the winners of our last challenge, so make sure to check in for that.

Thanks for stopping in!
Hugs, Pamellia :)

If you would like to try some of these wonderful products, they are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


17 comments:

  1. Loving seeing how this beautiful card came together Pamellia. It's wonderful to see all the coordinating elements gradually being layered up to create such a confection of festivity. Thank you so much for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Thanks for the tutorial, it's so useful for me, because it gives me the idea on how your work has born, how is the process you use.
    I tend to add all the details toghether, before having put down the essential pieces and without have making a base design. Mine isn't a good way to proceed... infact I don't suceed in layering the elements as I want.
    I love learn, so thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thank you for the step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just another gorgeous masterpiece, Miss Pamellia! It's a festive home decor piece to be treasured year after year! I love your "candy ribbon" ribbon, so carefully and lovingly stitched. I can just imagine your dear fingers doing all that work. I especially like the use of tiny stripes in the background and foreground thru the deer! As always, you manage to ensure the flavor of your piece with a delicate die-cut sentiment. BEAUTIFUL! I love what you do - the magic you put together - thank you for showing the steps. Maybe someday I'll be able to do some of these things. I certainly do learn from you, and I also get to appreciate the beauty! love, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most amazing piece of art. Stunning and fabulous and thank you for the step by step. One very clever and very talented artist x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card....love the gathered ribbon and festive flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thoroughly enjoy seeing how you bring your exquisite creations together Pamellia, your eye for detail is superb. I love how you layer up and create wonderful points of interest - beautiful work, as always.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully put together Pamellia, annother wonderful addition to your Christmas card collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love seeing all the beautiful layers and how they come together! Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card full of festive joy - I love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see more of your stunning confection of stripes Pamellia! Thanks for super step x step. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning festive card Pamellia and great to see all the stages.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous Pamellia, fabulous layers and the perfect embellishments and the 'snow' is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for sharing your techniques, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular design and fantastic tutorial Pamellia!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous card, Pamellia, and such a wonderful tutorial! You are the queen of shabby chic!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, Pamellia, and it was great fun to see the steps you take to make your wonderful creations! I love the little bells and reindeer tied with the Baker's twine! So sweet! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete