Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Focus - Art Parts


Marjie Kemper here, sharing a home decor piece I made with Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 Art Parts.  Art Parts are our Friday Focus product, and they're on sale this week at The Funkie Junkie Boutique at 15% below regular prices.   

I made this awhile back using several of Wendy's Art Parts, and it's got a standing place in our home. Art Parts are thick and durable paper board surfaces, designed exclusively for altering. That's what it says on the package, and I have to say... I agree! They really hold up to whatever medium you use with them, and they stand up to time as well.

I used the filmstrip frame, flower, leaves and bottle Art Parts here. You can color Art Parts with practically anything.  I used Scattered Straw Distress Stain on the filmstrip frame, flower, and bottle, then stamped on top with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.  For the leaves, I used Forest Moss Distress Stain followed by Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.

You can mix and match chipboard from your stash to compliment the APs, as I did with small chipboard flowers I stacked on top of the large AP one.  My 'welcome' letters are also chipboard.  They were inked with Seedless Preserves, then stamped with one of Wendy's background stamps, then heat embossed with clear powders.

Each Art Part is 1/8" thick, so they really add a lot of depth and dimension, especially when stacked:


The background is Tim's tissue tape. I've also stamped and cut out a few things on manila card stock such as the ledger border, bottle label, and purple flower.  The ledger stamp reminded me of a row of houses so it seemed fitting on a 'welcome friends' piece.

Linda has these sets and more on sale in The Funkie Junkie Boutique this week. Thanks for visiting!

Marjie


12 comments:

  1. Your welcome sign is awesome, Marjie, I love it. What a wonderful home dec piece. Unfortunately, I have 7 more sets of Art Parts on back order with Ranger. They've been on BO since we discussed this FF last June. No telling when they will show up. I'm so sorry about the lack of selection for this sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project Marjie ! Love the design and the colour combo ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on these for some time now and I love what you've done for your sign. This is a beautiful piece of artwork, nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done!! Love the purple flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful piece of art. I just love it.Thank you for the great inspiration .
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece Marjie! No wonder it holds a special place in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning piece of work Marjie, love Wendy's AP's and she just gets better and better too.....A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Marjie, just love what you have done with these. This is a serious nudge to spend more pennies. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marjie, what a fun and fabulous home decoration! So many wonderful details all so perfectly arranged! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous home decoratie.
    Love it

    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice, Marjie! It is a welcoming piece indeed!

    ReplyDelete